Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Parmesan Garlic Oven Roasted Fries


I have been craving fries for days but Im trying my best to stay away from fried foods. Last night I decided to try my hand at oven roasting fries. After looking around the net at various recipes I came up with this one. They are covered in bubbly parmesan cheese and have that nice bite of garlic. Make sure to scrap the little bits of cheesy garlic from the pan!

5-6 yukon gold potatoes
1/4 c olive oil
1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
2t minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Cut potatoes into a medium size fry. You can peel them first but I dont.
3. Soak fries in cold water until ready to go in the oven
4. Drain water and dry fries completely with a paper towel
5. Toss fries with olive oil, salt and pepper
6. Spread fries into a single layer on a cookie sheet or a baking stone.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes turning potatoes every 10-12 minutes
8. When brown remove from oven Sprinkle with parmesan and garlic. Toss fries with tongs to coat them.
9. Put back in the oven for 3-4 minutes to melt cheese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Potatoes..... I love them any and all ways. Yum

Related Posts with Thumbnails