Wednesday, March 24, 2010
1 1/2lbs lean hamburger (I use 92%)
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 T water
24 mini slider buns or dinner rolls.
6 slices of cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Mix hamburger, soup mix, egg, water, pepper and bread crumbs
3. Press into a cookie sheet. If you want perfect littel squares use a 15x10 pan. I use a 12x17 and it still works out fine.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Using a pizza cutter cut into 24 squares
6. Serve burgers on buns. Top with cheese
To freeze: Flash freeze burgers(on buns) on a cookie sheet. Once frozen wrap with plastic wrap and store in a big freezer bag.
To heat from frozen: upwrap plastic wrap. Wrap in a paper towel. Microwave 1 minute.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
2 c Rice Krispies
1 1/2 c Quick Oats
1/2 c chopped peanuts
1/2 c light corn syrup or honey
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c peanut butter
1 t vanilla
1/2 c chocolate chips (frozen for optimal results)
1. In a large bowl mix rice krispies, oats and peanuts. Set aside
2. In a medium saucepan add corn syrup(or honey) and brown sugar. Bring to boil
3. Once boiling remove from heat. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla until creamy smooth.
4. Dump liquid mixture over dry mixture. Quickly mix it together
5. Mix in frozen chocolate chips. They dont have to be frozen, but it helps them not to melt.
6. Press mixture into a GREASED pan. I use a 9x13 glass pyrex pan.
7. Allow to cool. Cut into bars. I removed mine when they were "hard" enough and placed on a plate so they could dry completely.
8. Store in an airtight container.