Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cranberry Nut Clusters


A couple years ago I started making candy for Christmas. Everyone else was making cookies and I wanted to be unique. Each year I raid my pantry and toss in whatever I think would be tasty covered in chocolate. This year I came up with these bad boys. Its a pretty basic recipe, melt, dump, spoon, done.

Anyone can make this candy and it looks so professional and makes a great gift. Everyone raved about these! They are sweet, salty and tangy! They will be added to the list to return next year.

1.5 cups dried cranberries1 cup salted peanuts
1 cup salted cashews
1lbs vanilla candy melt or white chocolate chips
 50 candy cups

1. In a medium glass bowl melt candy in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until smooth (if using chips you will need to add a little shortening)
2. Stir in cranberries and nuts
3. Quickly spoon into candy cups
4. Place tray of candy in fridge for 10 minutes
5.Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails