Thursday, December 3, 2009
Cinnamon Toast roll ups
These cinnamon toast roll ups are sweet and tasty right from your freezer. Not only are they quick and easy but they make your kitchen smell divine!
1 8oz brick of cream cheese (softened)
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar (divided)
24 slices of white bread
3T butter/margarine (melted)
1. Beat cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 cup of sugar until smooth.
2. Trim crust from bread. Using a rolling pin (or whatever works) flatten each piece of bread
3. Spread cream cheese mixture over flattened bread
4. Roll it jelly roll style
5. Mix 3/4 cup of sugar with cinnamon in a shallow dish. Place melted butter in a shallow dish.
6. Dip roll up in butter and roll then in the cinnamon and sugar mixture
7. Place roll ups seam side down on a cookie sheet
8. Place cookie sheet in the freezer until roll ups are stiff (about 2 hours)
9. Bake and enjoy or toss them in a freezer bag to grab on the go
To bake: Peheat oven to 400. Place frozen rolls on a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes
Recipe adapted from Mr Food