Saturday, September 19, 2009

English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches



I made these with the hope that my husband will microwave one on the way to work rather than stopping at one of those greasy fast food joints. They are super easy... really no recipe needed, but Im gonna give you one anyways.

24 english muffins
24 slices of cheese (any kind really)
24 eggs
24 meats (sausage patties, bacon, canadian bacon.... or none)
butter or cooking spray

1. Toast your english muffins. You dont have to sit at the toaster and do them individually. I just laid mine on a cookie sheet and put them under the broiler in the over for a couple minutes until toasty.
2. Lay muffin bottoms out on counter
3. Add slice of cheese to each muffin
4. Spray or add a little butter to a skillet. Cook an egg around the size of the muffin. If I had thought about it I would have gone to my parents house and borrowed the fancy mold my stepdad uses to make eggs benedict on Easter morning but I didnt. I just cooked mine at the side of the pan and used a spatula push them into a small size. Then I turned them and broke the yolk.
5. Lay cooked egg on top of cheese
6. Cook your meat and add on top of egg. Top with muffin top.

To freeze: Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap. Place each wrapped sandwich in a freezer bag (I was able to fit about 8 sandwiches in a gallon sized bag)

To eat: Unwrap frozen sandwich and microwave 1 minute or until heated though.

**Experiment with variations. I made 24 total(8 of 3 different kinds) Egg, Sausage and American.... Egg & Swiss, Egg Sausage and Pepperjack. I basically used whatever cheese was in my fridge. I havent tried bacon because Im one of those gals that prefers crispy crispy bacon... so I figure I can add microwave bacon after microwaving if Im really craving it on the sandwich and I'll only need an extra 20 seconds**

3 comments:

Brandy said...

yum, keep em coming!!

Jule said...

Looks good, and great idea!

Anonymous said...

ʜi there I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found ʏou Ьyү mistaкe, while I
was searching on Yahoo for somеthin else, Аnyways I am here now aand
would just like too say thank yoս for a fantsstic pօst and a
all round exciting blog (I also love thee theme/design), I don't have
time tto look ovеr it all at the moment buut I have bookmarkеd it and also
adԁed your RSS feeds, soo when I have time I will bee back to read much
more, Please do keeρ սp the great job.

Feel free too suhrf tо my page; spіce up sex ()

Related Posts with Thumbnails