Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars
2 c Rice Krispies
1 1/2 c Quick Oats
1/2 c chopped peanuts
1/2 c light corn syrup or honey
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c peanut butter
1 t vanilla
1/2 c chocolate chips (frozen for optimal results)
1. In a large bowl mix rice krispies, oats and peanuts. Set aside
2. In a medium saucepan add corn syrup(or honey) and brown sugar. Bring to boil
3. Once boiling remove from heat. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla until creamy smooth.
4. Dump liquid mixture over dry mixture. Quickly mix it together
5. Mix in frozen chocolate chips. They dont have to be frozen, but it helps them not to melt.
6. Press mixture into a GREASED pan. I use a 9x13 glass pyrex pan.
7. Allow to cool. Cut into bars. I removed mine when they were "hard" enough and placed on a plate so they could dry completely.
8. Store in an airtight container.