3/4 c water (75-85 degrees)
2 T olive oil
2 c bread flour
1 T sugar
1 t salt
1 1/2 t active dry yeast
1 large sweet onion (sliced)
3 T butter or margarine
1 t dried rosemary
1 t minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 c cheddar cheese
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1. Add dough ingredients to your bread machine in the order your manufacturer suggests. I add in the order listed above.
2. Choose the dough option. Allow machine to do its magic
3. When dough is finished remove it from machine. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
4. Place dough on a greased cookie sheet. Pat dough into a circle (around 12")
5. Allow dough to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size (about 30 minutes)
6. While dough is rising we will prepare our topping :)
7. In a large skillet melt butter.Cook onions until they start to caramelize. (about 15-20 minutes)
8. Add rosemary and garlic to onion mixture. Stir 2-3 minutes. Set aside
9. Back to dough: Once risen make indentations in the dough every inch or so. I use the back of my wooden spoon. You can use your finger if you'd like.
10. Cover dough with onion mixture.
11. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of onions.
12. Cover everything with cheddar cheese.
13. Bake 20 minutes or until edges are brown.
14. Cut into wedges and serve.
**dough before topped**