Sunday, February 21, 2010
Louisiana Chicken Pasta ( Cheesecake Factory )
I always get the same thing. Im sure they have a fabulous menu, but my brain focuses on the Louisiana Chicken pasta and it doesnt seem to look elsewhere. Of course I usually get a different cheesecake so I do shake some things up a bit.
Anyways, on my quest to try new recipes I found this one. It CANT be... I said to myself with glee. So of course I HAD to try it. And seriously... it SO is. This is my very close adaptation. I made it in honor of Mardi Gras
Vegetable oil (for frying)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 c bread crumbs
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
2 T flour
1 cup milk (optional)
*Note* I cut my chicken up so it's easier to eat with bites of pasta. The original recipe calls for you to pound it flat, dredge with milk, the into dry mixture. If you want it authentic try it this way.
1. Cut chicken into bite sized chunks
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. Toss chicken with dry ingredients Making sure to coat each piece
4. Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry chicken pieces until done. Remove to a paper towel. Set aside
2 T butter
1 small red pepper (chunked)
1 small green pepper (chunked)
1 small sweet onion (chunked)
1 c baby portabella mushrooms (quartered)
2 t minced garlic
1 t crushed red pepper
12oz heavy whipping cream
8oz half and half**
1 c chicken broth
1 T dried basil
1 c grated parmesan cheese
1 box whole grain penne pasta (CF uses bow tie feel free to use)
1. Make pasta as directed on package. Set aside
2. Melt butter in a large skillet.
3. Add peppers, mushrooms and onions. Saute 4-5 minutes.
4. Add red pepper flakes and garlic. Saute 3 minutes
5. Add chicken stock, whipping cream and half and half
6. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken, About 5 minutes
7. Stir in basil and parmesan cheese.
8. Reduce sauce by simmering on low about 10 minutes
9. Toss pasta with sauce.
Plate pasta, top with cooked chicken and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
** I used half and half to lighten recipe(and because I only had 12 oz of cream left. You can use all 20oz cream if you prefer)