Thursday, February 11, 2010
Kung Pao Chicken Stir Fry
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1" pieces
1 T cornstarch
4 t sesame oil
5T rice wine vinegar
6T soy sauce
1/2 cup peanuts
3 green onions and tops (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
3/4 t crushed red pepper (like spice? add more, dont like spice? add less)
1t dried ginger
3/4 cup pea pods or sugar snap peas
1 medium carrot juillened
8 white mushrooms quartered
1. Coat chicken in cornstarch
2. On medium high....Heat 2t sesame oil. Add chicken and saute 5-7 minutes until no longer pink. Remove
3. Add remaining 2t oil to pan Add carrots, mushrooms and pea pods. Saute 5 minutes
4. While veggies are cooking make your sauce. Mix vinegar, soy and sugar until sugar dissolves.
5. To veggies: Add onions, garlic, ginger and red pepper. Saute 1 minute.
6.. Pour in sauce. Stir
7. Add chicken back to the pan. Add peanuts
8. Cover and reduce heat....simmer mixture about 4-5 minutes
Serve over rice.