Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pizza Bagels


These turned out better that I could have hoped and are a really easy thing to have in the freezer ready for lunches or an afternoon snack. The best thing is you can use up leftovers and customize the pizzas for your family. I didnt really use a recipe as I just used a little of what I had on hand.

You will need:
*Bagels (I went to Nickels thrift and bought day old bagged bagels on the cheap)
*Sauce (pizza sauce, leftover spaghetti sauce... whatever)
*Shredded Cheese (mozzerella, cheddar, provolone... whatever)
*Pepperoni pillow pack
*Oregano
*Various other pizza toppings

1. Open bagels on a ookie sheet and place under the broiler until toasted
2. Spread a little sauce on your toasted bagel
3. Cover the hole in the bagel with a slice or 2 of pepperoni
4. Cover bagel with shredded cheese.. just a pinch or 2. You dont want to over do it (even though there is no such thing as too much cheese)
5. Sprinkle with oregano (optional)
6. Top with your favorite pizza toppings **
7. Place bagels in cookie sheet and flash freeze (just slide cookie sheet in freezer until bagels are solid and toppings are secure)
8. Remove from cookie sheet and place in a freezer bag. Store up to 3 months

** Pizza toppings! This is the time to use up little bits of veggies/meats leftover or from other recipes. I have used pepperoni green/red peppers, chopped onions, olives and sausage (chopped patties when I made my breakfast sandwiches) with great success. I wanted to try mushrooms, but I only had fresh. If you want shrooms use the canned kind. I always put pepperoni on top because it helps everything stay on better when frozen.

To bake:
Preheat oven to 350. Place frozen bagels on cookie sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails